Just like any other year, 2016 had its ups and downs. Gorgeous things were created and beautiful lives were taken away from us far too soon. Normally this time of year, I would make a list of tangible things to complete and do in this next year. I would say that I will work out three days a week, teach my tastebuds to like kale and write a best-selling novel.
But I don't want to do that. I want to focus on more livable goals. Goals that will reshape my perspectives and inspire my passion. This is what I want to do. This is what I will do:
2. Listen to people I don't agree with.
3. Have productive discussions regarding issues that need to be genuinely talked about.
4. Erase the stigma surrounding mental illness and heal myself and others through helping to tell our stories.
5. Be a warrior for good on the front lines.
6. Stand up in the face of hatred.
7. Tell people how I feel. Tell them I love them without fear.
8. Lift others up.
9. Eat a crap-ton of doughnuts. Always.
10. Live honestly, Live fiercely
11. Oh...and smash the patriarchy single-handedly.
How will you live this year?