First and foremost, I wanted to give a huge shout out to everyone who contributed in last week’s theme week. I was so insanely impressed with every post that we received. You are all such talented and amazing writers; it’s such a gift for all of you to share that with us. Thank you.
This week, I wanted to write something witty and inspiring. Maybe involving a quirky story about life hardship and facing it and being all “I can do this, life! Get outta my way!” I felt pressured to write something equally as amazing as the work we’ve gotten this past week on the blog.
But, to be honest, I just wasn’t feeling like writing one of those posts today. As I was brainstorming, the only thing I kept coming back to was my dog. So, time to put off an inspiration post and dedicate an entire post to something that's entirely more serious: my one-year-old terrier named Zoey.
I have always been obsessed with dogs. From an early age, I had memorized every breed of dog there was, every book I owned was about dogs, and my room was decorated in cats & dogs (it still is…). So when I found out last year that my childhood dog had to be put down, I was devastated to say the least. I’m not going to lie, I have never cried or eaten more ice cream in my entire life.
Then, a little peanut came into my world and turned it upside down in the best way possible.
My baby dog Zoey is the love of my life. It’s disgusting how I talk about her. I’m like one of those annoying parents who think that their child is God’s gift to the world and is constantly flashing pictures of them in cute outfits to every person they meet on the street. Yup; I’m that person. LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!!! AWWWWW!!!!!
Okay, I may be a little biased, but how cute is that? I know my spirit animal is a duck, but if it were to ever be something else, Zoey would be after my spirit animal. This little dog has taught me so many things in my short amount of time knowing her. Here are just a few:
- It’s important to have a cute name. There’s no point in hiding it, I definitely named Zoey after Zooey Deschanel.
- ALWAYS BE HAPPY! Zoey is excited about everything and everyone. Life is just a giant party and you should want to get to know every person that walks towards you.
- A smile can always brighten someone’s day. No matter where I go with this dog, people seem to be happy when they see her (can you blame them?). Having an extra bounce in your step and a positive energy around you really does reach other people and it impacts their day.
- Don’t pee on the carpet! A great lesson that everyone should take to heart.
- Cuddling is the greatest thing that ever graced the world.
- Joy is right around the corner.
Do you have a pet that is just the love of your life? Please share! I want to see your cute pet photos. Nothing makes me happier than a cute animal :)
Ooops. I couldn't resist another picture...