By: Kaitlyn and Sarah
This past Wednesday, we both messaged each other at the same time.
Sarah: Wow. The Wordpress community is so wonderful.
Kaitlyn: WOW. The comments you've gotten on your post are...wow. I'm so touched.
When we started this blog, we didn't expect much. We just wanted a place to put our writing after trying, trying, trying to get it published in other places. One thing we didn't expect was the amazing community that we've felt since coming onto Wordpress.
When we post about happy things, like Kaitlyn's post about meditation, we often receive comments telling us the post made his or her day. When we post about not-so-happy things, such as Sarah's post on Wednesday, an overwhelming amount of comments flowed in expressing gratitude and understanding. Our readers were even genuinely interested in our contributor's posts, like Lauren's love life and Tenley's first couple days at grad school.
We decided it's time to give back a bit, to show our appreciation for this community of readers we've come to really feel connected with.
We've been nominated for the Liebster Award a few times. Most recently, once by notthissong and once by lifeisbeautyflaw. Thank you to all who nominated us. We think it's awesome! Our favorite part of this award is that we get to award it to other blogs and show our love for some of our readers.
We went through both posts where we were nominated and picked five questions from each (it didn't say we couldn't in the rules!). Without further ado, the Liebster Award!
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Each nominee must answer the 10 questions which are given to them by the nominator.
- Each nominee must nominate 10 other bloggers for this award (who have less than or around 200 followers).
- Each nominee must create 10 questions for their nominees to answer.
- Each nominee must let their choices know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Questions from notthissong:
- What was the hardest and/or most annoying book you had to read in school?Sarah: Definitely Beloved by Toni Morrison. I had to read this in high school AND college. It definitely wasn't appropriate for 10th grade me to be reading.
Kaitlyn: "Walden." I love transcendentalism and am madly in love with Emerson. And I like Thoreau, I really do. But only in small doses.
- What actor or celebrity would you like to interview on your blog?
Sarah: Amy Poehler! I think a theduckandtheowl/Smart Girls collaboration would be the coolest/cleverest thing ever!
Kaitlyn: Oh goodness, Amy Poehler. Yes. Either her or Ellen OR we could just do a dual interview, I'm not picky.
- If you could become instantly fluent in one new language for you, which would you choose?
Sarah: Only one? This is tough. Maybe French. It's so beautiful.
Kaitlyn: I would have to go with French as well. It's a beautiful and useful language around the world.
- Describe your favorite pair of shoes.
Sarah: I think my favorite pair of shoes are from Urban Outfitters. They're brown low booties and kind of mesh-like. But the mesh is leather. Hard to describe, but oh so cute.
Kaitlyn: I just bought a really nice pair of winter boots that I'm pretty excited about. #Wisconsinproblems
- Name a fictional character you once wanted to date.
Sarah: I HAVE SO MANY. But right now I've really been crushing on Ben Wyatt from Parks & Recreation. He is the perfect combination of nerdy and adorable.
Kaitlyn: Oh no. I have to choose one?!?! HOOOOW? Hmmm... Well, I'm going to choose a couple okay? Okay. I choose Mr. Darcy because, well, duh. Then Ronald Weasley because he's adorable in every way. And my last one would have to be the same as Sarah; Ben Wyatt is cute and most importantly, super nerdy.
Questions from lifeisbeautyflaw:
- If you could eat only one food item for the rest of your days, what would it be?
Kaitlyn: Pasta. All the pasta.
- What’s the worst haircut that you’ve ever had? Bonus points if you can provide photos.
Kaitlyn: Growing up I had a really nice bowl cut going on. Yes, this haircut looks great on me when I was three. It doesn't look so great when you're in third grade (which thankfully I don't have a picture of).
- Sarah: In high school I went through a quasi-scene phase. Thank goodness it was just a phase. Photo courtesy of my MySpace page. Yikes.
- What’s one random fact that many people may not know about you?
Kaitlyn: For a short time in college, I had a Peace Studies minor.
Sarah: I floss every night.
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
Kaitlyn: The Vampire Diaries.
Sarah: One Direction, for sure.
- What is your idea of a happy and successful life?
Kaitlyn: Being passionate about life every day and spending my time with the people I love.
Sarah: Living somewhere that I love with someone who I love, doing something that I love. It's as simple as that.
For this award, we nominate:
- Nilly from nillywrites
- Jen from apartment-wife
- Rissa and Yui from eddyandedwina
- Hollis from foxandrook
- Amb from wordsbecomesuperfluous
- MJ from bloggeretterized
- happyperson370 (We're sorry, we don't know your name!)
- Patsy from lifeaccordingtopatsy
- Chloe from topsknotsandpolkadots
- Ner and Inês from cupofcoffeeandabook
Our questions for those blogs:
- If you could date any fictional character, who would it be?
- What is your favorite word?
- What is the last thing you texted?
- What song just "gets you" right now?
- What did you have for breakfast?
- If you were deserted on a itty bitty island and could only take three books with you, what would they be?
- List three things that you like about yourself.
- What Hogwarts house would you be in?
- What shows do you constantly watch reruns of?
Last question: Of course we must ask, what animal is your spirit animal?